Text Neck Syndrome is a problem that is becoming more and more common as our society becomes more and more reliant on technology. This uncomfortable condition can be caused by looking down at your phone, computer, or other electronic devices.
In this blog post, we will discuss the causes and symptoms of Text Neck Syndrome and how to avoid and treat this condition.
If you spend a lot of time looking down at your electronic devices, you may be suffering from Text Neck Syndrome. This condition is caused by the strain put on your neck muscles and spine when you are in this position.
You can do several things to avoid Text Neck Syndrome:
- Take breaks often when using your electronic devices. For example, get up and walk around for a few minutes every 20-30 minutes.
- Try to keep your head and neck in alignment when using your devices. This means that you should not be looking down at them for extended periods.
- Chiropractic care can help to prevent and treat Text Neck Syndrome. In addition, chiropractors can help align your spine and neck, taking the pressure off your muscles and nerves.
There are several signs and symptoms of text neck that might differ from person to person but typically include :
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or hands
If you are suffering from Text Neck Syndrome, there are several things that you can do to treat it:
- Chiropractic care can help align your spine and neck, taking the pressure off of your muscles and nerves.
- Massage therapy can help relieve the pain and stiffness associated with this condition.
- Stretching and exercise can also help to treat Text Neck Syndrome.
At Terlep Chiropractic, enjoy our state-of-the-art chiropractic facility and discover the true wellness lifestyle! We will show you the natural way to better health without resorting to expensive prescription medications. Call (352) 666-2222 today to learn more or schedule an appointment!